Tuesday 16 October 2012

Barack Obama Took Sides on the American Idol Judges Drama- he chose Mariah Carey


Barack obama…
The reality TV drama has reached the water coolers at the White House, and despite the fact the American leader is in the middle of a re-election campaign, President Obama took the time to share his stance on the ongoing Carey versus Minaj debacle, which kicked off earlier this month (Oct 12) when
the rapper verbally attacked the Hero hit maker during an audition in Charlotte, North Carolina.
During an interview with TV and radio personality Michael Yo, the Commander-in-Chief was adamant the two could move past their differences and do what’s best for the singing competition.
Obama declared, “I think that they are going to be able to sort it out. I am confident. I’m all about bringing people together, working for the same cause. I think both outstanding artists are going to be able to make sure that they’re moving forward and not going backwards.”
As for whose side he’s actually on, Obama went with experience over youth by favouring Carey.
He added, “Mariah. She’s actually done some events for us. I’ve gotten to know her and (husband) Nick (Cannon). She’s a wonderful lady… Nicki, I don’t know, but I’ve got her on my iPod.”
Nicki minaj  and Mariah Carey
Asked how he thought he would fare if he competed on Idol or another reality TV talent show, the President responded, “I’m gonna try to keep my day job.”
  Wonder if this is as a result of the controversial guest verse Nicki Minaj rapped on Lil Wayne‘s “Mercy,” in which she said, "I’m a Republican, voting for Mitt Romney/You lazy bitches is f—in’ up the economy.”
When asked about Minaj’s verse last month by Orlando’s Power 95.3radio station, Obama said, “I’m not sure that is actually what happened. I think she had a song on there, a little rap that said that. But, she likes to play different characters. So I don’t know what’s going on there.”
And now he doesn’t know? It really sounds weird that a President is commenting on such trivial issues, there are more important discussions to be having than the diva rants of two over-privileged singers. The situation in the Middle East is what he should be asked about but then hey, maybe that’s what makes America such a great nation. I definitely cannot imagine President Jonathan discussing Eva Alordiah having a beef with Muna Abii. Lmao…thinking about it alone, I can’t! lol :D

No comments:

Post a Comment