Tuesday 18 September 2012

Christina Aguilera & Cee Lo Green Taking ‘Voice’ Hiatus; Shakira & Usher To Fill Their Chairs


Just last week when talking to Ryan Seacrest, Christina admitted that she'd first assumed her "Voice" gig would be "kind of like a side project...then it kind of took off, and there goes my free time!"
With Christina getting ready to release her comeback album, Lotus, in November (her new single, "Your Body," debuted last week to positive reviews), and the ubiquitous Cee Lo working on a Christmas album and a new sitcom, it's no surprise that they are the first "Voice" judges to take official leaves of absence.
"Being a coach on "The Voice' is a wonderful experience and the relationship amongst us all is like an extended family," Christina said in an NBC press release Monday. "I am so proud of being part of the show from the beginning, all the work we've done, and proud of what the show stands for as a whole. As I have expressed since day one of the show, that I am a singer and performer first and I am so excited to get back to that love. Since this year NBC and 'The Voice' have decided to tape back-to-back seasons, requiring a full-year commitment, it is important for me to take Season 4 off, allowing me to support my music that my fans have been waiting for...by pursuing my first passion of music during the break, I am also able to come back and offer even more to my team on 'The Voice' in the future."
In the same press release, Cee Lo said: "First, thank you NBC for supporting my decision to take this Season 4 hiatus! It says that I'm seen and respected as a complete artist and not just a cast member. I'm highly enthusiastic about focusing my undivided attention on my additional endeavors and interests like my upcoming solo album, new Goodie Mob album, Las Vegas residency 'Loberace,' new memoir, and new NBC comedy...I will return for Season 5 and will be watching Season 4. NBC is home and as far as Usher and Shakira are concerned--'mi casa su casa.'"

Usher and Shakira
NBC's press release assured that "The Voice's" resident bromancers, Adam Levine (whose Maroon 5 band is hotter than ever) and Blake Shelton, will stick around to hang with Shakira and Usher in Season 4, but it seems like only a matter of time before they too decide to take a break. Blake in particular has repeatedly, quite loudly complained about "The Voice's" new grueling two-seasons-a-year shoot schedule, and just this week he told Access Hollywood: "I don't know how much longer I'm even going to do it. It's [NBC's] decision [for us to leave], in that they're the ones choosing to do back-to-back seasons. They really leave us no other option. As far as Christina and Adam and Cee Lo and I, if we want to tour, there's not a chance of that doing back-to-back seasons. That's not acceptable to me. At some point, I've got to go, 'You know what, this has been awesome. It's changed my life, but it's not my life. I've got to get back to what I really do and that's country music.

No comments:

Post a Comment